Monthly Joint Service Academy Business Mixers (JSABM)
JSABMs are open to all service academy graduates and are held on the second Tuesday of the month from 5:30 to 8 PM. Please contact Jess Posey (USNA 1983) at email@example.com or joint the JSABM LinkedIn Group for further information and announcements.
AF Academy Society of Washington's Annual Stakeholders Meeting
WHEN: 24 August 2017; snacks 1800-1830; meeting 1830-1930
WHERE: AF Association HQ, 1501 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22209 (4th floor Board Room)
Full event details are in the RSVP CVENT link above.
Since volunteering last year, the Board has focused on making your Society relevant to all our graduates in the greater WA DC area. Some highlights are:
- Starting a new sponsored quarterly event program
- Raising the bar on Founder's Day Dinners
- Expanding our engagement/networking with all Service Academy graduates
- Holding football viewing parties
- Planning a lovely Memorial Service
- Orchestrating a local record setting Golf tournament
Now it's time to give us your feedback on where to go from here.
NOTE: The meeting is free, but since we've stopped the annual fee, to entice younger and active duty graduates to join, donations are welcome and accepted on the RVSP link.
Thank you all for your continued support!
Christopher P. Hauth (’88)
AF Academy Society of Washington DC
C) (609) 218-9916
2017 AFASW Memorial Ceremony
WHEN: 24 May 2017, 1630
WHERE: Air Force Memorial, 1 Air Force Memorial Drive, Arlington, VA 22204
POC: Beth Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ladies and Gentlemen - Please join fellow USAFA graduates and supporters in a memorial ceremony recognizing all the Air Force Academy graduates and cadets who have passed away during the past year. Additionally, since May 24 is the graduation date for the class of 2017, we will welcome them to the Long Blue Line. The ceremony will last about one hour and the uniform of the day is the recommended dress. Parking on site is limited but additional parking is available adjacent to Arlington Cemetery along South Southgate Rd and the Pentagon metro stop is convenient.
2017 Service Academies Global Summit
WHEN: 14-16 June 2017
WHERE: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Notable USAFA Grad Speakers and Attendees
The purpose of the Service Academies Global Summit (SAGS) is to “develop, inspire and promote Fellowship, Leadership/Professional Development and Service for the “super-community” of graduates worldwide from the five U.S. Service Academies.
1) Lt. Gen. Michelle Johnson (USAFA ’81), 19th Superintendent of the U.S. Air Force Academy
2) GEN (Ret.) Norton A. Schwartz (USAFA ’73), President & CEO, Business Executives for National Security; former Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force
3) Major General (Ret.) Sharon K. G. Dunbar (USAFA ’82), VP of Human Resources, General Dynamics Mission Systems
4) BG (Ret.) Dana Born (USAFA ’83), Faculty Chair, Senior Executive Fellows Program, Harvard Kennedy School of Government; Former Dean of the Faculty, U.S. Air Force Academy
5) Mr. William “T” Thompson (USAFA ’73), President and CEO, Association of Graduates, U.S. Air Force Academy
6) Dr. Chris Howard (USAFA ’91), President, Robert Morris University
7) Mr. Joel “Thor” Neeb (USAFA ’99), President, Afterburner
8) Ms. Trier Bryant (USAFA ’06), Head of University Recruiting, Twitter
9) Mr. Andrew Kemendo (USAFA ‘08), Founder and CEO, Pair
10) Mr. Anshul Arora (India), Founder and CEO, Edvance Group; Global Expert on Early Childhood and K-12 Education
Among the Speakers in the Summit’s Career Workshop:
1) Mr. Chad Losee, Managing Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid, Harvard Business School
2) Ms. Alaina Love, Creator of The Passion Profiler; Former Global Executive Director of Human Resources for Merck
3) Dr. Joseph McCarthy, Former Senior Associate Dean and Director of Degree Programs at Harvard Kennedy School
4) Ms. Lauren Murphy, Director, Career & Professional Development, Harvard Business School
2016 Falcon Football Watch Parties
Air Force Academy football fans:
We in invite all graduates in the Washington DC Metropolitan area to join us every weekend to watch and support our great Air Force Academy Football team at the Front Page in Ballston VA (info below).
This is your chance to see other Air Force alums you haven't seen in a while, catch up, and support our Air Force football team. Families are welcome
What: Watch the Air Force Fighting Falcons vs every game during the season
Where: (The Front Page in Ballston) 4201 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22230 (its located behind the Ballston Metro Station)
Who: All grads, families, and friends are welcomed!
When: See Schedule Below
AFASW 3rd Annual Baseball Outing
Time: Wednesday, September 14, 4:05pm
Place: 1500 S Capitol St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Join Your Fellow USAFA Graduates!
Watch the Washington Nationals celebrate Air Force Day and take on the New York Mets
For only $31 you can sit with your fellow Zoomies in these covered Mezzanine seats.
Price even includes a $6 Concession credit!
Buy your tickets via the AFASW website
Reserve seats today for you and your family!
Space is limited
For details contact Beth Dunn, email@example.com
Military Officer Career Networking Night
Time: Thurs, Sept 8, 2016, 1830-2130
Place: Army Navy Country Club, Arlington, VA, 1700 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202
Organized courtesy of our friends, the West Point Society of DC and Carl Savino, firstname.lastname@example.org
The next West Point Society of DC (WPSDC)-sponsored Military Officer Career Networking Night will be
held from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm on Thursday, September 8 at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington, VA.
This event is open to all military officers in career transition. Don’t miss this excellent opportunity to hear transition experts offer advice on how to conduct a successful job search. It’s also a great way to informally talk with companies that are hiring now! Business attire recommended. Bring copies of your resume.
6:30 to 7:00 pm – Informal Job Networking
7:00 to 8:00 pm – Presentations + Q&A
8:00 to 8:15 pm – Job Announcements
8:15 to 9:30 pm – Informal Job Networking
Joan M. Sherman — netWORKshops
Dave Willard — Stillwater Human Capital
Tony Palm — Tony Palm & Associates
Dress: Business suit is recommended. Duty uniform is also fine.
Who should attend? Any military officer in career transition, regardless of commissioning source or branch of service.
Food and Beverages: Coffee, tea, and sodas.
Should I bring a resume? Yes.
Location: 1700 Army Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202; for directions, visit www.ancc.org; phone: (703) 521-6800
Cost: $20 (cash or check) payable at the door.
Questions? E-mail Carl Savino, the event organizer, at WPSDC.CareerServices@gmail.com
AFASW Quarterly Mentorship/Networking Event
What: AFA Society of Washington DC first-ever Quarterly Mentorship/Networking Event
When: 4 November 2:00 to 3:30
Cost: Free, but there is limited seating, so please RSVP with Chris Hauth, email@example.com
Attendees: Service Academy graduates
Where: Lockheed Martin’s Fighter Demonstration Center, 2121 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA, 22202
Dress: Uniform of the day; business casual
Food and drinks: Yes
2:00-3:30 - Networking / Food-Drinks / Cockpit demonstrators
2:30 - Introduction by AFASW President, Alex Granados; Speaker Lt Gen (ret) Steve Mueller. Gen Mueller retired as the Inspector General of the USAF and he is currently the Vice President of USAF Programs at Lockheed Martin
- If you have not been receiving the USAFA AOG e-mails on upcoming events please send the AOG (whether you are a member or not) your current e-mail, name and class year to AOG@AOGUSAFA.ORG or call them at (719) 472-0300.
- Please check out the AFASW.org for other events, including the 5 November USAFA vs Army football game, which will be shown at The Front Page in Ballston, 4201 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22230, starting at 1200.
Map data ©2016 Google
USAFA Endowment Discussion 2016
Time: Thurs, 28 July 2016, 1800
Place: The Front Page in Ballston, 4201 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22230 (its located behind the Ballston Metro Station) (703) 248-9990
The Air Force Academy Society of Washington DC (AOG DC Chapter) cordially invites you to hear representatives of the Air Force Academy Endowment discuss all of the great things that our Air Force Academy Endowment is doing for our Academy. During the meeting, the Society will be present the Endowment with a donation comprised of the funds collected during our Founder's Day golf tournament. Please join us and catch up with you fellow Air Force Academy graduates.
2016 Commander's Trophy Golf Tournament
Time: Monday, 18 July, 0830
Place: Westfields Golf Course, 13940 Balmoral Greens Ave, Clifton, VA 20124
Reminder that the Commanders' Trophy tournament will be played Monday, July 18th at Westfields GC in Clifton, VA. Cost is $110 which includes golf, cart, and lunch. Shotgun start at 0830. Registration will start around 0700. The format is 4-ball (two person teams) match play over 18 holes with full handicap against either an Army or Navy grad team. AF proceeds go to the Falcon Pride fund.
Time to start looking for a teammate. Or I'll assign you one. Several have said its on their calendar.
I need confirmation NLT Thursday, July 14th as I have to turn-in guaranteed numbers on Friday, July 15th.
Jim East (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2016 AFASW Memorial Ceremony
Time: Thursday, 2 June 2016, 1630
Place: Air Force Memorial, 1 Air Force Memorial Drive, Arlington, VA 22204
Ladies and Gentlemen - this is your reminder that the Air Force Academy of Washington DC will conduct a Memorial Ceremony commemorating all Air Force Academy graduates and cadets who passed away during the past year.
You are invited to the 9th annual Air Force Academy Society of Washington Memorial Ceremony to be held at the Air Force Memorial in Arlington, VA, at 4:30 PM on Thursday, June 2, 2016. The ceremony will recognize all the Air Force Academy graduates and cadets who have passed away during the past year. Plus, since June 2 is the graduation date of the class of 2016, we will welcome them to the Long Blue Line. The ceremony will last about one hour and the uniform of the day is the recommended dress. Parking on site is limited but additional parking is available adjacent to Arlington Cemetery along South Southgate Rd and the Pentagon metro stop is convenient. Here is a link to the Air Force Memorial website